After an Uber accident, follow these important steps:
- Call the police to file a report.
- Seek medical help immediately following the accident, even if your injuries are not evident. Getting a medical evaluation can rule out internal injuries and will legally protect you if injuries manifest later.
- Take photographs and videos of the accident scene and the damaged car.
- Gather important information including:
- The Uber driver’s name and contact information
- Other involved parties’ names, contact information, and insurance information
- Contact information of people who witnessed the crash