Uber is a transportation network in many cities which requires users to download an app so that they can connect with an Uber driver who is nearby. The number of people using Uber is increasing daily as also have the number of Uber related accidents. Passengers and pedestrians injured in accidents caused by Uber drivers may file a claim for compensation.
What causes Uber accidents?
Some of the most common causes of Uber accidents include:
- Lack of sleep
- Lack of proper vehicle maintenance
- Negligence in driving such as speeding and failure to follow roadway signage
- Driving under the influence of an intoxicating substance, such as drugs and alcohol
Liability for Uber accidents
Several parties can be held liable for Uber accidents:
- The drivers
- The owners
- The company itself
Compensation available for Uber accident victims
Passengers, pedestrians or other individuals injured in Uber car accidents may seek compensation for damages such as:
- Medical and health care costs
- Future medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Disability care expenses and nursing home care
- Economic losses including property damage and loss of income
- Loss of future income capacity because of long-term injuries or permanent disability
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish
Injured in an Uber accident? Contact our Uber accident attorneys today
If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber accident, you need the legal assistance of an experienced Uber accident lawyer to help you make a successful claim. At nyuberaccident.com, we help Uber accident victims seek fair compensation for injuries. We can help. Call us at 877-415-6566 or email: [email protected].